June 1-30, 2010
The old saying "I've lost my marbles" indicates a state of mild insanity or silliness.
There is your theme for the hunt, make something crazy, fun, silly or just a tad bit insane. Cause in the end, we've all lost our marbles at one point or another.
Rules and info.
1a. First and Foremost! Whatever prize you give MUST be YOUR original creation. Purchased elements (sculpties, purchased textures, etc) are fine in use of your product, but no business in a box or freebies. Also no art downloaded from the internet. Merchants found to be giving freebies, business in a box items, or items that are not their own creation will be removed from the hunt.
1b. Also, stores found to be selling a large percentage of items that are not the creation of the store owner(s) will not be approved. Just as hunters don't want freebie or massively seen prizes they don't want to see stores with the same old stuff that they can see all over SL.
2a. The prize must be new and exclusive for the duration of the hunt. What this means... An exclusive color of a recent release is fine. An entire new product is fantastic. But the hunt prize must not be for sale at any time before or during the hunt. Setting it for sale afterward is fine.
2b. You must either include prizes for both male and female hunters, or a unisex prize.
2c. The prize must be representative of what can be found in your store, and of similar quality. Make it something that the hunters will use, and want to come back to your store for more of.
3. The hunt object MUST be within 30 meters of the landing point. If the location is in a mall or a large venue where teleports are fixed, then either a guiding track or within sim teleporter must be used to direct hunters to the proper store or area. In these cases a hunt sign needs to be installed at the correct location and the item must be within 30 meters of the sign. If the hunt item falls outside 30 meters then you may be asked to move it.
4. The hunt object must be placed so that it can be found with normal camera methods. In other words, don't fully embed the object inside of another prim, or fully surround it where it's not visible without camming through prims. It can be high on the ceiling, or behind something, dropped into a vase, or even thrown up on the roof. Just as long as the hunters don't have to cam into prims.
5. Resizing/ recoloring the hunt object- The object will be pretty small to start with, so please do not size it any smaller. Resizing larger is perfectly fine. Please do not recolor the hunt object.
6. Decoy objects / Multiple Objects - decoy objects are permitted, provided that they contain clues to finding the real object. However for the sake of all of us, please use no more than 5 decoys. Want to hide more than 1 gift? Go for it, just let hunters know in some way, either by naming your items appropriately or by providing information at the rez point that states that they are looking for more than 1. With multiple gifts, once again just don't go too crazy with them.
7. Hints, moving the object etc. - Hints will be kept on the blog, alongside the store number and the slurl to the next stop. Hint giving will also be encouraged in chat, as long as direct locations are not given. You are also encouraged to have some means of giving a hint at your location.
Moving the object is acceptable, but you are asked to use a form that will be provided in order to let us know that the item has moved so that we can update the blog.
Initial Hint Forms will be required approximately 1 week from the time hunt objects are sent, this allows us to complete the walkthrough in a timely manner and be prepared for the start of the hunt.
8. Naming and selling the Hunt object - Your hunt object should be set to sell contents for 0$L, or scripted with a give on touch. It should contain your BOXED prize and a landmark to the next location. If selling, do not sell it for any more than 0$L. Sell contents rather than copy, unless you have a place for hunters to rez the item to get the LM to the next location out. The object should be named as follows: LMM # x of y - Your store name , if you have multiple hunt objects out they should be named LMM # x of y - Your Store Name - Prize a of b
9. Problems: (missing signs, hunt objects not for sale, etc) any problems noticed will be notecarded and will need to be fixed within 24 hours. If any problems are not resolved within the alloted time period the location will be removed from the hunt.
There will be a hard cap of 150 stores in this hunt. Make sure to get your application in early. Once 150 stores have been approved no more applications will be accepted.
Multiple stores - multiple stores are allowed under under a single avatar provided they adhere to the following guidelines and that there is room.
1. Each store must be submitted on its own application. This will help both of us, it will help me keep my inventory straight, and will ensure that I don't miss the request for a second store.
2. Each store must have a different focus. In other words one location can't be your main store and another a mall outlet for the same store. However, if, (for example) you have both a furniture store and a hair store in different locations then both may be submitted.
3. Apply in preference order. This means that if you want your furniture store in the hunt more than your hair store, then send in the furniture application first. Name it: LMM App - Your name (app 1 of 2) - Store name This naming convention allows me to make sure I have the preferred store in case there is not enough room for multiple stores.
Store order - Placement in the hunt will be randomized.
Prize previews - Feel free to send them in as soon as you have them. This allows us to get some previews to the hunters of what they can find on the hunt. Alternately, if you don't want the preview on the blog but do want on in world I will once again set up a preview area in world where you will be able to place your preview images. Or you can do both :)
The Hunt Item: You will not receive a traditional prim hunt item. Instead your hunt item is made using a script. You will need to rez a fresh prim and place the script inside, then touch and follow on screen directions to start. The prim will size, shape and even name itself properly.
March 24, 2010 - Applications open for submission.
May 1, 2010 - Last day for applications. This date could be moved sooner depending on response.
May 5, 2010 - First official LM walkthrough. All hunt signage must be in place by this date. Locations without signs will be notecarded, and will have 24 hours to get the sign out or they will be removed from the hunt.
May 8, 2010 - Last day to withdraw from the hunt. Any stores who have not withdrawn by this date will be expected to participate and have prizes ready.
Mid May 2010 - Hunt object scripts will be sent around mid month. Further instructions, if necessary, will also be sent.
May 24, 2010 - Walkthrough. Have your hunt item next to your hunt sign or at the slurl indicated in your hint form and for sale or ready to give a landmark. Your prize does not need to be in it yet. This walkthrough is to ensure that the hunt items are set properly for sale and that all the landmarks still work.
May 31, 2010 - Load your prize and hide your item today. Make sure that your item is set to sell contents for 0L$ or is properly scripted
June 1st, 2010 @ 12:00 AM SLT - Hunt Starts
June 30th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM SLT - Hunt Ends
Create a new notecard and name it: LMM App - (Your name) - (Store name)
Make sure to name the notecard correctly or your application will be missed when I search my inventory for that name string.
Copy the application below to your new notecard and fill it out. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If applying for multiple stores see multiple store application notes and rules.
Send completed application to Phoenix Welles.
Your store name:
Your avatar name:
To receive hunt notices and communications I prefer (choose at least one):
___ To be added to an in world group
___ To have an alt added to an in world group (List alt name here)
Please give the name of another avatar who we can contact in case of emergency if you are unreachable and something goes awry. (A store manager, a friend with mod rights, etc)
Your store landmark:
Your store slurl:
Region Rating (PG, Mature, Adult):
OPTIONAL: Do you have any idea of what your gift may be?
OPTIONAL: Would you willing to help out in other areas of this hunt? (check those areas you would be willing to help with)
___ Group chat moderation and Hint giving
___ Walkthroughs and hint making
___ Blogging about gifts to build anticipation for the hunt (would require sharing your email with me to add you to the blog)
___ Hosting or organizing an after party
___ Promotion of the hunt
___ General assistance
Thursday, April 15, 2010
June 1-30, 2010
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 7:15 AM