June 1-30, 2010
The old saying "I've lost my marbles" indicates a state of mild insanity or silliness.
There is your theme for the hunt, make something crazy, fun, silly or just a tad bit insane. Cause in the end, we've all lost our marbles at one point or another.
Rules and info.
1a. First and Foremost! Whatever prize you give MUST be YOUR original creation. Purchased elements (sculpties, purchased textures, etc) are fine in use of your product, but no business in a box or freebies. Also no art downloaded from the internet. Merchants found to be giving freebies, business in a box items, or items that are not their own creation will be removed from the hunt.
1b. Also, stores found to be selling a large percentage of items that are not the creation of the store owner(s) will not be approved. Just as hunters don't want freebie or massively seen prizes they don't want to see stores with the same old stuff that they can see all over SL.
2a. The prize must be new and exclusive for the duration of the hunt. What this means... An exclusive color of a recent release is fine. An entire new product is fantastic. But the hunt prize must not be for sale at any time before or during the hunt. Setting it for sale afterward is fine.
2b. You must either include prizes for both male and female hunters, or a unisex prize.
2c. The prize must be representative of what can be found in your store, and of similar quality. Make it something that the hunters will use, and want to come back to your store for more of.
3. The hunt object MUST be within 30 meters of the landing point. If the location is in a mall or a large venue where teleports are fixed, then either a guiding track or within sim teleporter must be used to direct hunters to the proper store or area. In these cases a hunt sign needs to be installed at the correct location and the item must be within 30 meters of the sign. If the hunt item falls outside 30 meters then you may be asked to move it.
4. The hunt object must be placed so that it can be found with normal camera methods. In other words, don't fully embed the object inside of another prim, or fully surround it where it's not visible without camming through prims. It can be high on the ceiling, or behind something, dropped into a vase, or even thrown up on the roof. Just as long as the hunters don't have to cam into prims.
5. Resizing/ recoloring the hunt object- The object will be pretty small to start with, so please do not size it any smaller. Resizing larger is perfectly fine. Please do not recolor the hunt object.
6. Decoy objects / Multiple Objects - decoy objects are permitted, provided that they contain clues to finding the real object. However for the sake of all of us, please use no more than 5 decoys. Want to hide more than 1 gift? Go for it, just let hunters know in some way, either by naming your items appropriately or by providing information at the rez point that states that they are looking for more than 1. With multiple gifts, once again just don't go too crazy with them.
7. Hints, moving the object etc. - Hints will be kept on the blog, alongside the store number and the slurl to the next stop. Hint giving will also be encouraged in chat, as long as direct locations are not given. You are also encouraged to have some means of giving a hint at your location.
Moving the object is acceptable, but you are asked to use a form that will be provided in order to let us know that the item has moved so that we can update the blog.
Initial Hint Forms will be required approximately 1 week from the time hunt objects are sent, this allows us to complete the walkthrough in a timely manner and be prepared for the start of the hunt.
8. Naming and selling the Hunt object - Your hunt object should be set to sell contents for 0$L, or scripted with a give on touch. It should contain your BOXED prize and a landmark to the next location. If selling, do not sell it for any more than 0$L. Sell contents rather than copy, unless you have a place for hunters to rez the item to get the LM to the next location out. The object should be named as follows: LMM # x of y - Your store name , if you have multiple hunt objects out they should be named LMM # x of y - Your Store Name - Prize a of b
9. Problems: (missing signs, hunt objects not for sale, etc) any problems noticed will be notecarded and will need to be fixed within 24 hours. If any problems are not resolved within the alloted time period the location will be removed from the hunt.
There will be a hard cap of 150 stores in this hunt. Make sure to get your application in early. Once 150 stores have been approved no more applications will be accepted.
Multiple stores - multiple stores are allowed under under a single avatar provided they adhere to the following guidelines and that there is room.
1. Each store must be submitted on its own application. This will help both of us, it will help me keep my inventory straight, and will ensure that I don't miss the request for a second store.
2. Each store must have a different focus. In other words one location can't be your main store and another a mall outlet for the same store. However, if, (for example) you have both a furniture store and a hair store in different locations then both may be submitted.
3. Apply in preference order. This means that if you want your furniture store in the hunt more than your hair store, then send in the furniture application first. Name it: LMM App - Your name (app 1 of 2) - Store name This naming convention allows me to make sure I have the preferred store in case there is not enough room for multiple stores.
Store order - Placement in the hunt will be randomized.
Prize previews - Feel free to send them in as soon as you have them. This allows us to get some previews to the hunters of what they can find on the hunt. Alternately, if you don't want the preview on the blog but do want on in world I will once again set up a preview area in world where you will be able to place your preview images. Or you can do both :)
The Hunt Item: You will not receive a traditional prim hunt item. Instead your hunt item is made using a script. You will need to rez a fresh prim and place the script inside, then touch and follow on screen directions to start. The prim will size, shape and even name itself properly.
March 24, 2010 - Applications open for submission.
May 1, 2010 - Last day for applications. This date could be moved sooner depending on response.
May 5, 2010 - First official LM walkthrough. All hunt signage must be in place by this date. Locations without signs will be notecarded, and will have 24 hours to get the sign out or they will be removed from the hunt.
May 8, 2010 - Last day to withdraw from the hunt. Any stores who have not withdrawn by this date will be expected to participate and have prizes ready.
Mid May 2010 - Hunt object scripts will be sent around mid month. Further instructions, if necessary, will also be sent.
May 24, 2010 - Walkthrough. Have your hunt item next to your hunt sign or at the slurl indicated in your hint form and for sale or ready to give a landmark. Your prize does not need to be in it yet. This walkthrough is to ensure that the hunt items are set properly for sale and that all the landmarks still work.
May 31, 2010 - Load your prize and hide your item today. Make sure that your item is set to sell contents for 0L$ or is properly scripted
June 1st, 2010 @ 12:00 AM SLT - Hunt Starts
June 30th, 2010 @ 11:59 PM SLT - Hunt Ends
Create a new notecard and name it: LMM App - (Your name) - (Store name)
Make sure to name the notecard correctly or your application will be missed when I search my inventory for that name string.
Copy the application below to your new notecard and fill it out. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. If applying for multiple stores see multiple store application notes and rules.
Send completed application to Phoenix Welles.
Your store name:
Your avatar name:
To receive hunt notices and communications I prefer (choose at least one):
___ To be added to an in world group
___ To have an alt added to an in world group (List alt name here)
Please give the name of another avatar who we can contact in case of emergency if you are unreachable and something goes awry. (A store manager, a friend with mod rights, etc)
Your store landmark:
Your store slurl:
Region Rating (PG, Mature, Adult):
OPTIONAL: Do you have any idea of what your gift may be?
OPTIONAL: Would you willing to help out in other areas of this hunt? (check those areas you would be willing to help with)
___ Group chat moderation and Hint giving
___ Walkthroughs and hint making
___ Blogging about gifts to build anticipation for the hunt (would require sharing your email with me to add you to the blog)
___ Hosting or organizing an after party
___ Promotion of the hunt
___ General assistance
Thursday, April 15, 2010
June 1-30, 2010
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 7:15 AM
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Back in september of last year I ran the Addiction hunt. It had a lot of success and went very well. I hope to be running this hunt Mid July to Mid August, final dates are not confirmed yet.
I would like to again run this hunt with fantastic designers and amazing shops as last time.
I hate writing essays about things, not many people have the time to read through long winded things, so I shall keep it short.
The basis of the addiction hunt is to cater for those addicted to hunts. The theme being things people are addicted too, such as Candy, shoes, hair, accessories etc. The scope is huge. People addicted to hunts like everything :)
This hunt will not run any larger than 80 Vendors (100 I find too large). Because of the smaller number it will be 1st come 1st served.
If you are not interested at all, then thank you for taking the time out to read this brief introduction to the hunt.
If you are interested and require further details, just fill in the detail bit below so i know who to contact back with further information. Then send this back to me renamed "The Addiction Hunt - (your store name) "
Name of Avatar:
LM of Store:
Thank you so much for your time,
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 2:40 PM
Friday, April 9, 2010
.:Shush:. is proud to present the first Fashion Freaks hunt, taking place May 15th to June 15th.
Because we are all Fashion Freaks, we want to present you with a great hunt with high quality prizes and a chance to discover new and great designers all over the grid.
Join the group @-Fashion Freaks-@ to keep informed on all the information on the hunt and to get information on new releases, special promotions,freebies and bargains taking place all over the grid. A nice 2 in 1!
Fashion is like candy, that's why the hunt object is one cute pink and white bonbon.
If you wish to participate in this great project as a Designer, read and fill out this information and send it back to Avy Fhang.
1. Thank you for your interest in the Fashion Freaks hunt. The Fashion Freaks group is a group that was created with the intent on sharing information about great deals and bargains on sl. I decided to put a hunt together for this group, to help marketing and to build up the group base. Keep in mind that this group will not only offer you a chance to participate in the hunt, but will also give you notice abilities.
Some basic rules in using the group :
a. 1 notice per day maximum. It is a maximum rule. Keep in mind that you MUST not send more then 1 per day but you DONT NEED TO. Spacing your notices will allow you more visibility and let people digest and consult the information you sent through the group. I recommend 2 notices per week at fixed moments in the week.
b. No spamming in group chat! This is exclusively for members to discuss about their likes, to ask questions about the hunt and to share information. If you want to take part in the conversation, fine but please don't spam.
c. Make sure you send a notecard attach with your notice. Send information about your bargain or new release, but keep the details for the notecard. Add pictures of your products for members to be able to appreciate if they want to tp to the store and check your release. No pictures = less chances of people coming to visit your store.
2. Remember that we will choose a maximum of 100 stores for this hunt. More then that would be inappropriate, since hunters usually gets tired with hunts and don't pursue them to the end.
Submissions will be accepted Until May 9th or until the hunt is full.
Even if there is not enough space in the hunt, you may still submit the aplication to get a designer tag in the group. Fill out the application and send it via notecard. I will get back to you shortly.
3. To allow quality in the hunt, please allow time for me to review applications and give the final decision about your acceptance to the hunt. I will be reviewing and accepting based on quality. There is no theme to the hunt, the emphasis is on the quality of the items.
4. This hunt is not open to resellers or freebies, business in a box stores, or cheapie stores. I encourage original designers. Period.
5. Upon acceptange of your application, you will be invited to join the Fashion Freaks group and will get a designer tag. Please put up the hunt sign quickly in store (and change it if any updates are sent). if you don't wanna use a slot in your groups, you can also join the subscribe-o-matic instead. I really suggest you take the group, as you will be able to send notices before and after the hunt and keep updated on promotions that may take place in the future and might offer you some visibility for your store. It's up to you to make the decision.
6. It is important that you keep your Landmark and information on your store current. If you close, inform us in a notecard (althought we don't wish that, it happens). If you change location, please inform us with a notecard with the new LM and slurl). Make sure you rezz your hunt sign.
7. When accepted, you will first receive the hunt sign and an invite to the group. Later on, I will send you a merchant pack with your hunt object, a hunt trail (for stores in a mall or landing point far away from the object location) and any other information you need (important dates, updates, etc.). Make sure you keep track of all of it.
8. Later, I will send hunt objects with the landmark to the next location. DO NOT EDIT THIS ITEM. That means, no retexturing or recoloring. You can resize it to an appropriate size. Keep in mind that hunters need to find the object, even if we want them to search a little for it. The best publicity is when they can get your object and enjoy it. Traffic number doesn't replace satisfaction of a prize and a landmark in thousand of people's inventory. Keep in mind when you position your item :)
9. Also keep in mind that the item you give away should reflect the quality of your products. Offering a small prize with great quality is much better then offering tons of stuff (or a small prize) with poor quality. If you want people to come back, make sure you give them a reason to do so. As for the prize, no freebies, no objects that you didn't create yourself, no full perm items created by others designers, no stolen or copy botted objects (of course).
10. We will also ask you to provide a hint for your item, when the time comes. Check on notices, as I will send a notecard you'll have to fill in. It will take you 2 minutes and will help the hunters. Take time to think about it, give it some mystery. Hints are as much fun as the hunt itself. Keep that in mind. If you have trouble with it, contact any hunt organizer and we can help you with it.
11. Please, be respectfull to hunt organizers, members in the group and everyone related. They work hard to get this hunt to work. If you have a problem, contact me directly. No Drama. I reserve the right to remove someone from the hunt for that reason.
12. If you read and agree to all theese rules, (I know there is a lot of them, but they aren't unreasonable), please fill out a notecard, rename it (Avatar Name) (Store Name) and send it to Avy Fhang :
Owners name :
Store name :
Name of second contact :
Name of an alt you want the invite in the group to send:
What kind of products do you create ? :
Do you wanna help for the hunt ? :
If so, what would you like to help with :
b. checking signs and hunt objects
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 5:16 PM
his is the application for the Second annual Hybrid Hunt. The Hybrid hunt not only caters to nekos, but to all of the "hybrids" out there, be you bunny, puppy, duck, fox or otherwise.
The theme is, of course, hybrids- creativity is key. Ever wanted to make bunny ears and a tail, then do it! So long as it has a hybrid theme, it doesn't matter what you make.
PLEASE make either a female and male version of your gift, or make the gift unisex
No resellers please and NO CLUBS! If your store is in a club, then that's fine. But you must be the designer of your item.
If you are approved, you will be sent a group invite from me. PLEASE JOIN THE GROUP! I'm sorry, but I can't track you down to give you info. If you don't join the group, then you won't be allowed in the hunt. I'm sorry, but it's proved quite problematic to me in the past.
The hunt will take place June 1st-July 1st. I will take applications until May 15th. You will know by May 17th if you are in the hunt.
Also, if something happens and you need to drop from the hunt, please let me know. It's common courtesy.
For those who have stores on an adult sim; please let me know as not everyone is age verified.
Please return all applications to Flair Swansong!
This hunt will have 100 vendors.
*What do you sell?
*Sim rating: (PG, MATURE, or ADULT?)
*If the vendor quota is met before you apply, would you like to be kept in case we need fill ins?
Please include all information or your application will be discarded. Return to Flair Swansong as soon as possible :) Thanks!
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 6:42 AM
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Thank you for your interest in Groovy Love Gridwide Hunt. This hunt is themed on the colors and attitudes of the the "Summer of Love." Be inspired to show how groovy you are.
Hunt Object: 1 prim Peace Symbol
Application will be accepted till May 8th, 2010. Any applications recieved after May 1st will be used to fill in spots if vendors drop. Please fill in all necessary information failure to do so will result in application being deleted.
1. Rename the notecard GL Groovy Love App. - (Your Avatars First and Last Name)
(Failure to name the notecard properly will result in the notecard being deleted, sorry.)
2. Store information:
Alternate store contact: (Only one alternate contact per store)
Are you already in the Greatest Love vendor group? Yes/No (If not please make room for this group during the duration of the hunt.) (Both you and your alternate store contact will recieve an invite to the group.)
Store Name: (only one location allowed per store name)
(If your store is moving before the hunt please contact AnneAlyce immediately when you move.) (If you move during the hunt please contact the store owner before you to keep the hunt train intact.)
Note: Please make your gifts something the hunters will want to keep. T-shirts, BIB, etc. tend to find their way into the trash. No clubs, BIB, no resellers ONLY original work.
Once your application has been processed and accepted an acceptance notecard will be sent to you. If you do not hear from me within 2 weeks fo sending me your application please resend the application.
Any questions please send a notecard to AnneAlyce Maertens or Pema Bosatsu
Posted by Kitten Dexler at 11:48 AM